"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life"
Robert Louis Stevenson

March 16, 2015

Wonderfully Golden Crunchy & Crispy Homemade French Fries (from scratch)

Homemade french fries from scratch (with mayonaise)



I love french fries! and when I was living in Belgium I was able to get fries often in the many Friteries all around town. But since moving back, getting fries means going to Mc Donalds, Burger King or buying oven fries at one of the grocery stores.  I am not a really picky eater so I can eat all this fries, but there is nothing better than actual fries made from scratch.  

So, I ventured to make my own fries after calling my mom as she used to make them for us when I was growing up.   After a very simple few steps, I ended up with these amazing fries! seriously they were really delicious. 

Ingredients:                                                          
-Potatoes (I like gold potatoes)         
-Vegetable oil                                                         
-Salt                       
-Water
-Mayonaise, Ketchup, any other sauce

Homemade french fries from scratch (with mayonaise)
Ingredients

How to:
1. Pour oil in a small pan (fill about about half the pan) and heat in medium high heat.
2. Cut all potatoes into long strips
3. Submerge them in water with lots of salt for 20 minutes
3.  Dry the potatoes with kitchen paper towels.  (very important, because otherwise the fries will absorb the oil and end up soggy instead of crispy and crunchy.)
4.  Lay small batches of potatoes in oil and fry until golden, about 10 minutes each batch.
5.  Add salt to the fries as soon as you take them out of the pan so that the oil help the salt to stick to them.
6.  Enjoy the fries with mayonaise

salt water and french fries
Submerge potatoes slices in salted water
drying french fries
Dry potatoes thorougly

Homemade french fries from scratch (with mayonaise)
I love to eat them with Mayo instead of ketchup!




No comments:

Post a Comment